Wine Reviews

Rollhütt 2013, Peter Zemmer

Dear readers,

Waiting for the weekend, I tried a good Pinot Noir. This time, we’re in Südtirol, in northern Italy, where it’s produced the Rollhütt of Peter Zemmer.

The Rollhütt is quite interesting, with an elegant character and a medium body. It is a wine that ages in a elegant and traditional way, not being aged exclusively in small French oak barrels (barriques): the 70% of the Pinot Noir is aged in big French oak barrels for 12 months and the remaining 30% of the Pinot Noir is aged in small French barriques.

1_Zemmer_Thewinelifestyle

I tried the 2013 Rollhütt.
At the nose, aromas of blueberries, red currants, cherries in brandy and a light note of white pepper.

On the palate, this Pinot Noir is elegant, quite tannic, rounded and fresh.

I recommend it in pairing with the chicken cooked in the oven and other kind of white meat, red meat, preferably not grilled, and medium aged cheese.

Have a nice weekend!

10435302_1504718639758912_1423620842_o

Advertisements
Standard

4 thoughts on “Rollhütt 2013, Peter Zemmer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s